SCM : single column model
LES : large eddy simulation
Before the Covid crisis, this meeting was scheduled as the first day of the conference "Improvement and callibration of clouds in models" initially planned in Toulouse, France, June 15-19, 2020. Due to current conditions, we have decided to postpone the meeting to the 12 to 16 April 2021 (http://www.meteo.fr/cic/meetings/2021/high-tune/) but to maintain this specific meeting on SCM/LES. This meeting was held in visio-conference as two short 3-hour meetings at the begining and end of the week, Monday 15th and Friday 19th of June, 2020, with exchanges and work in between through a slack.
Documents and tools setup for the workshop, still active to share information
1) A google sheet to share the information about the groups that develop or use SCM
3) We are working on a documentation of the format.
4) We have also a github repository where we share input files and documentation for the various 1D cases.
5) General and technical discussion on the format are organized on a slack.
6) We have made some ferret and python scripts available to generate automatically simple LES/SCM comparisons
Track of the meeting
Monday, June 15th session :Recording1, Recording2, PDF of the presentations
Friday, June 19th session : Recording1, Recording2, PDF of the presentation
Fleur Couvreux, Catherine Rio, Marie-Pierre Lefebvre, Romain Roehrig, Frédéric Hourdin, Yunyan Zhang