The ALMA Quality Control Code
This program is aimed at verifying the netCDF files produced by the
modelers. It will check for the application of the correct sign
convention, the units and the range of the various variables
reported. Finally it will provide a list of variables which were not
verified, the mandatory variables which were not reported and the
percentage of recommended and optional variables in the file.
All this work is going to be done using the information provided in
the almaqc.conf file (or the file provided with the -cf option). This
file is simply the text version of the Web page found at :
http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~polcher/ALMA/qc_values.html. Thus in
case you have an old version of the configuration file it can easily
almaqc will not change you file. Thus in problems are reported it is
for you to solve them.
Access to the code
The code can be downloaded as a compressed (with gzip) tar file from this link . For those who prefer a DOS-zip file : here it is .
- The simplest application is :
almaqc file1 [file2 ...]
- A list of options can be obtained with :
- The configuration file is modified as follows :
almaqc -cf qc_values.txt file1 [file2 ...]
- For a maximum of information use the -d option.
almaqc -d file1 [file2 ...]
For the moment only Makefiles for SunOS and Linux (pgf90 compiler) are
provided. In case you port the code to another machine please send us
your Makefile we will then distribute it.
You system should have netCDF installed (It should be the case if you
generated the file in the first place !). In case you have any
questions on netCDF please check the the netCDF
home page first.
The compilation is done with the following command :
make -f Makefile.mycomp all
The version management is not going to be very professional but we
will try to keep track here of the changes and describe the modifications
as we release new versions.
- 13 Oct. 2000 (what a day !)
- Pedro Viterbo cleaned up the mess with the IMPLICIT NONE !
- 13 Oct. 2000 (later that day !)
- A nice little bug found by Douglas Clark (IH). The entire allocated memory
were searched for the min/max values instead of only the range covered by the current variable.
- 13 Oct. 2000
- Added a missing 'INCLUDE netcdf.inc' and corrected an error on the sign reversal. These bugs were
found by Bart van den Hurk (KNMI).
- 12 Oct. 2000
- Release of the beta version of ALMAQC after an evaluation of the alpha version by Laura Bowling.
Please send all problems or bugs to the
author : Jan Polcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last modified: Fri Oct 13 13:03:22 CEST 2000